To do the basic calculations, we mostly open the windows calculator and complete our calculation part. Even we do the same thing while working on a word document and most of us don’t know how to add a calculator while writing a document. There is an option of adding a calculator to the Microsoft Word while you are working on it. By using that option we can complete the calculations being in the word document itself.
Adding a Calculator to Word Process:
- Open a Microsoft word document where you want to add a calculator.
- In that word document, on the top of the screen, right click on the toolbar.
- Now select Customize Toolbars and Menus.
- In the Toolbars and Menus, click on the Commands tab.
- Select Tools on the left side of the screen.
- On the right side, search until you find Tools Calculate.
- Now drag and drop that item up to your toolbar.
How to do Basic Calculations by Using the Calculator in Word?
- Open the Microsoft word document in which you want to do the calculations.
- Click on the File menu, select options from the recent submenu in the File menu.
- Now click Customize Ribbon on the left side column.
- Here, click new tab in the Customize Ribbon.
- Now right click the New Group category.
- After that, choose rename on the list menu.
- Now we need to type Calculator in the Display name.
- After typing, click ok button.
- Now choose Commands not in the ribbon from the list box.
- Then, click on the Calculate command in the group boxes below the Commands Not in the Ribbon.
- Now click Calculate command
- Click Add button in the middle, where you can see the Calculate command has been added to the right Main Tabs and click ok button.
- Now select the equation along with the equals to symbol, because if you won’t select the equals to symbol you won’t get the result.
- After selecting the equation, then click New Tab option which was created by you.
- After clicking on new tab option you can see the icon turns to green colour.
- Now Click the Calculate option, which is present on the left-down side of the Word screen, where you can see the result of the calculation.
- By looking at the answer, you can type the result by yourself or you can place your cursor behind the equal mark, and by Just pressing the Ctrl+ V you can have the same result on your document.